This one-week training is design to impact job-oriented skills for monitoring and evaluation that are highly demanded in the development projects. After following this course, the participant will be capable of designing and managing Monitoring and Evaluation Systems which meet the standards of donor agencies. It is aimed at providing an overview of monitoring and evaluation methods for development results with practical applications of tools and methods. This course will provide participants with M and E tools, techniques and resources needed for planning, organizing, and/or managing programs and projects.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of the characteristics of an effective M and E system
- Explore how to design and manage an effective M and E system
- Identify national and firm projects and programmes to be implemented
- Understand the importance of, and ensure the use of effective participatory methods
- Design and implement a new or improved monitoring and evaluation system for Development projects
- Develop evaluation questions that address stakeholders needs
- Identify key success areas and performance indicators
Who Should Attend?
The course targets Project managers, Project coordinators, Senior project Analysts, Heads of Projects, Senior Project Officers, Project Controllers, Donor Coordination officers, Development Consultants and Officers.
Module 1: Introduction to M and E
- Overview of Project Management
- Overview of Monitoring and evaluation (M and E)
- The need and importance of M and E in development projects
- M and E as a Component of the Project Planning and Implementation Process
Module 2: Projects Stakeholders
Community involvement in Projects monitoring
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Coordinating with national bodies, project steering committees, and project staff
Module 3: Data collection, management and data quality
- Deciding Data Collection Strategies
- Developing Data Collection Instruments
- Monitoring Tools, Methods and Procedures
- Evaluation Types (process evaluation, impact evaluation)
- Designing and Implementing Development Project Evaluation
Module 4: Projects Evaluation
- Planning the Flow of Information
- Dealing with multiple projects
- Key Success Areas and Logic Models
- Key Performance Indicators
- Responding to Monitoring Results
- Models of evaluation
- Planning an evaluation
- Tools for project control
- Development Project Monitoring
- Designing a Monitoring System
- Techniques of project monitoring auditing
- Evaluating project management systems and practices
- Evaluating social and institutional change
- Measuring results and impacts
- Assessing economic, social and environmental impact
- M and E Challenges
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.