You may have “evolved” into a leadership-management position because the organization has grown so much, over recent years. Now you find yourself leading and managing a team, as well as continuing to work on the provision of the job itself. You now need to know how to handle people-management issues, time management issues, leadership and morale issues, as well as performance issues. You need some targeted training that will give you clear guidance and practical methods which will show you exactly how you can get the best performance from yourself and the team.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for managers who have the authority and personal inspiration to translate organizational strategy into effective operational performance. The qualifications require managers to build on their strategic management and leadership skills and to focus on the requirements of implementing the organization’s strategy
The purpose of the training is to initiate a process of rapid improvement, by means of achieving a shared understanding of the correct leadership and management methods that we need to employ, if we are to achieve our stated goals.
- Module 1 – Personal leadership development as a strategic manager
- Module 2– Developing performance management strategies
- Module 3– Financial management
- Module 4– Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation
- Module 5– Conducting a strategic management project
- Module 6– Reviewing organizational strategy plans and performance
- Module 7– Financial planning
- Module 8– Developing a marketing strategy
- Module 9– Strategic project management
- Module 9– Implementing organizational change strategies
- Module 10-Building necessary statistical and analytical capacities
- Module 11- Developing governance performance frameworks/M and E system
- Module 12– Strategic leadership
- Module 13– Strategic leadership practice
- Module 14– M and E approaches and tools for governance programs
- Module 15– Developing risk management strategies
- Module 16– Strategic corporate social responsibility
- On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the strategic decisions that organizations make and have an ability to
- engage in strategic planning.
- Explain the basic concepts, principles and practices associated with strateg
- formulation and implementation.
- Integrate and apply knowledge gained in basic courses to the formulation and
- implementation of strategy from holistic and multi-functional perspectives.
- Analyze and evaluate critically real-life company situations and develop creative
- solutions, using a strategic management perspective.
- Conduct and present a credible business analysis in a team setting.
- Understand the crucially important role that the HRM function plays in the setting
- and implementation of an organization’s strategy
The trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprise of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.