ISO 45001 is a newly developed international standard, which outlines the requirements for occupational health and safety. The standard is applicable to organizations of all sizes, whose aim is to manage the prevention of workplace injuries, ill-health, and deaths. In addition, ISO 45001 aims to establish a safe working environment and continual improvement of occupational health and safety performance. ISO 45001 will replace OHSAS 18001 and will become the next “to go” standard for occupational health and safety.
Why is Occupational Health and Safety Management important for you?
Regardless of what industry you are in, accidents that lead to injury or health related issues will always occur. Therefore, whether you are an employee, manager or business owner, you will always share the same goal- minimize the number of casualties at work. ISO 45001 provides you with a framework to identify, control and prevent work-related injuries.
ISO 45001 Lead Implementer
Why should you attend?
ISO 45001 is the first global Occupational Health and Safety Management System standard that replaces OHSAS 18001. The ISO 45001 Lead Implementer training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH and S MS) based on ISO 45001. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of an OH and S MS and be able to apply them to continually improve the organization’s OH and S performance and ensure the well-being of employees by providing a safe and healthy workplace.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 45001 Lead Implementer” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Implementer Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical skills and professional knowledge to implement ISO 45001 in an organization.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants involved and concerned with Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with OH and S MS requirements
- OH, and S MS team members
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 45001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an OH and S management system
- Learn how to interpret the ISO 45001 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain an O Hand S management system
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing OH and S management system best practices
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation of an OH and S MS
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with questions and examples that help translate theory into practice
- Practical exercises include examples and discussions
- Practice tests are like the Certification Exam