As organisations continue to face global financial difficulties, it brings added pressure on the Learning and Development Profession to ensure that training is both effective and focused. The focus of an organisation must be on successfully achieving its objectives. It is imperative for staff to be trained in the knowledge and skills that are needed in order to reach those goals.
When training misses the mark, often the fault lies right at the beginning – in the way needs were identified in the first place. Correct training needs analysis helps to address this and enables effective training plans to be put in place. This course is designed to help you achieve excellence in this arena by enabling you to identify the gap between current and desired organizational and individual performance by ensuring that new challenges and opportunities are matched with the right training.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Analyse the position of a training and development function within an organization
- Determine a Training Needs Analysis
- Describe the purpose of skills auditing
- Discuss the concepts of the learning organization and organizational learning.
- Design a training or development program to address performance concerns.
- Identify when to perform a Training Needs Analysis.
- Develop professionalism in the training function.
- Prioritize new training requirements.
- Evaluate alternative approaches to staff development using cost benefit and cost effectiveness analyses techniques
Who Should Attend?
This course targets HR Managers, Training Coordinators, Directors, Training Officers, HR Consultants, Personnel and HR Officers/Coordinators, Newly appointed Training Consultants and advisors
Module 1: Introduction
- Management skills and principles
- General Occupational Analysis
- Training Needs Analysis
- Individual Skills Auditing
- Group Skills Auditing
- Individual Competency Gap Analysis
- Group Competency Gap Analysis
- Simple Knowledge-Based Training Analysis and Evaluation
Module 2: Current and Future Training Needs
- Assessing and Analysing Training Needs
- Benchmark current training needs.
- Assess the impact of current business needs on human performance.
- Evaluate existing training.
- New Training requirements
- Identify gaps between identified needs and current training.
- Outline content for new training.
Module 3: Development and Implementation of Training Plan
- Institutional Training Plan
- Develop an Implementation Plan.
- Preparing a budget for the implementation.
- Creating Training Schedule.
- Evaluation of Training Material
- Successful Training
- Designing an Organisational Training Program
- Carrying out the Training Needs Analysis
- Action Planning in Skills Auditing and Analysis
- Training and developing employees
- Action planning
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.