Regional Business Managers (RBMs) are the mini-CEO of their regions.
- Understand business strategy
- Managing the company's business successfully
- Master profitable Sales and Marketing
- Possess leadership acumen to achieve Big Goals
- Leading with emotional intelligence.
This programme entrenches answers to those five requirements in the subconscious of new Regional Managers. They will be able to improve their judgment and decision skills. They will see the big picture of the business and recognize that all decisions, no matter how small, can influence the bottom line. They will increase their financial literacy and improve their business sense. They will direct their activities always to affect the whole of the organization positively and provide that additional edge to take success to greater heights.
RBMs must learn where to spend time and resources, how best to get things done and, ultimately, how to win in the competitive marketplace.
RBMs must understand the connection between shareholder value and the actions that the management takes. That understanding often jump-starts their own process of focusing on the things that matter most and then choosing practical ways to get them done.
In the arena of tough business rivalry, how do RBMs create an uncontested market space for the business? That’s the only space where they can make competition irrelevant. In this programme, they will articulate such positions and organize their activities to pursue those positions.
Day One - Regional Managers Must Understand Business Strategy
Perceptive Assessment of What’s Happening to Business
Understand Business Strategy
- The Seven Questions that give meaning to Business Strategy
- The importance and benefits of strategic management
- Elements of the strategic thinking and planning
- Why and how strategy fails
- Internal and External Environment Analysis
Business Strategy Canvas
- Business Value Propositions
- Relationship Sustenance
- Key Activities
- Critical Resources
- Significant Partners
- Cost Structure
- Revenue Streams
- Profit Profile.
RBM's Financially Literacy
- Cash flow
- P and L
- Balance Sheet
- Recognize Learning Events
- Develop a sense of continuous learning
- Evaluate past decisions
- Problems as learning opportunities.
Day Two - Managing Business Successfully
To Succeed as a Regional Manager
- Acquire a culture of owner/entrepreneur thinking
- Keep in sight significant business basics
- Use Business Drivers to focus how to keep making money
- Get into the habit of making informed decisions
- Know how departmental initiatives (HR, finance, production, sales, etc.) must align with the total business imperatives
- Deliver clear and measurable business results.
The Go-Forward Plan: 2M + 2P
Develop proper metrics
- Configure activities to create value
- Compare the value chain of competitors
- Innovate and Respond to Change
- Phases of the Business
- Valley of desperation
- Zone of freefall
- Four paths to new value innovation
- Reconfiguring the market factors
- Winning in the Marketplace
- Quality of Sales, quality of Marketing
- Brands and branding process
- Size and utilization of the marketing budget.
Day Three - Profitable Sales and Marketing
You Must Know Money Answers
- What makes the business money?
- What are our Sales?
- What is our Profit Margin and Profitability Potential?
- What are our Costs?
- Create Value
- Grow Volume
- Marketing and selling effectiveness
- Product and service innovation
- Cross-selling and up-selling
- Partners relationship management
- Financial issues
- Lean Operation
- Receivables and payables
- Operating margins
- Controlling overheads
- Evaluate constraints that could significantly affect prospects
- Measure Profit and Profitability
- Manage risk better
- Innovation - identify your blind spots
- Private Direct Marketing
- Direct response visit
- Social Media marketing
- Tele marketing
- Direct response mailing
- Public Direct Marketing
- Events marketing
- Sales promotion
Public Indirect Marketing
- Press ads
- TV/Radio commercials
- Out-of-Home (OOH) campaigns
- Private Indirect Marketing
- Data-base marketing (e.g. junk mails, bulk SMS).
Day Four - A RBM Leadership Acumen To Achieve Big Goals
The Job Description as an RBM
- Strategy mastery
- Managing your time like a business owner
- Decision making
- Decision implementation
- Managing meetings
- Managing Paperwork.
- Effective Decision Making and Problem-Solving Techniques
- Leadership and Employee Maturity Levels
- Blanchard’s model of situational leadership
- Supporting, Coaching, Delegating and Directing
- Choosing what is appropriate and when.
- Basic Problem Solving and Decision Steps
Leadership Behaviours that Promote Top Performance
- The Personality Profile of Inspiring Leadership
- Effects of Leadership behaviour on Followership behaviour
- Promotion of team spirit
- Leaders listening ear
- Reflection of personal confidence
- Leadership by example
- Delegation and supervision with expertise
- Opportunities for decision making with employees
- Communication easily understood through clarity
- Subordinates trust
- Focus on getting results through others
- Eliminating fear in among the team
Leadership Practices that Promote Top Performance
- Planning strategy
- Organising self
- Directing subordinate appropriately
- Control work process
- Motivating, coaching and developing the subordinates
- Communicating the way a leader should
- Enhancing own knowledge to guide subordinates
- Agreeing priority and measurable performance criteria
- Getting, giving and using appropriate Feedback.
Day Five - Lead with Emotional Intelligence
Leadership Emotions to Manage People Effectively
- Focused listening
- Communicate with authenticity
The Personality for Motivation
- Identify your personality type and motivating factors
- Identify others personality types and motivating factors
- Motivate self for workplace engagement
- Promote subordinate’s motivation and engagement
- Send out the right Signals to subordinates and to superiors
- Achieving cohesiveness and team morale
- Resolve conflicts
- Remove barriers to effective team performance
- Promote personal learning in subordinates
- Give detailed instructions for subordinates to handle tasks
- Lead from the front in situations of complexity or uncertainty
- Tenacity - Not giving up easily.
Effective Communication and Ability to Handle Difficult Conversations
- Characteristics of open and honest communications
- Master verbal communications
- Master non-verbal communications
- Effective listening skills
- Communicate with power
- Create powerful impressions.
Performance Management and Feedback
Achieve Team Effectiveness
- Keep the team on track
- Hold members accountable
- Provide constructive feedback
- Manage difficult employees
- Habits to change in the way we Work.
- Habits to change in the way we Think.
- Habits to change in the way we Relate.