Driver Development - more than just defensive driving
Newways Drivers Development course is the perfect way to ensure your drivers undergo continuous professional development.
Drivers will learn an efficient approach to hazards and defensive driving techniques, helping them to minimise risk whilst driving. The principles will then be applied to town, country and motorway driving.
This bestselling course gives drivers of cars, vans and Trucks the skills and techniques they need to reduce risk. Whether you run a fleet of cars, vans or Trucks, this course will keep your team safer and your costs lower.
- This one-day defensive driving training course will equip employees with key skills to anticipate hazards
- This will make their own driving safer, and help protect them from the mistakes of other road users
- It's ideal for everyone, from those who have just passed their test through to more experienced road users working towards their Diploma in Advanced Driving
- This course can be used as a refresher for any driver who has completed a Defensive Driving or Driver Development course before.
- This on-road course combines both the theory and practice of defensive driving techniques.
- You will learn the principles of a systematic approach to hazards, which is then applied to town, country and motorway driving.
- You will develop a positive attitude to driving, including understanding how personal factors affect performance. You leave with enhanced skills and will reduce your crash risk by developing a risk assessment approach to hazards.
- This defensive driving course is for drivers of a range of vehicle types and runs on a 2:1 delegate to trainer ratio.
- All delegates should be familiar with the latest edition of the Highway Code.
For many people, driving for work is one of the most dangerous activities they undertake, and employers have a legal duty to assess and manage the associated risks – just as they would for any other work-related activity.
Driver development including defensive driving is an essential part of ongoing skills training, and it's an investment that should pay for itself many times over. Trained drivers are safer, more systematic and positive drivers. They will provide you with fewer and lower accident repair costs, less down-time due to maintenance, savings on fuel and tyres and an enhanced company image.