Newways Workshops are highly focused bite-sized sessions on specific driver safety topics.
- These sessions are designed to
- help drivers to understand the key areas of driving risks
- impart essential skills to mitigate these risks
- develop skills to handle potential road hazards
- suitable for all classes of drivers
Accidents and Post Incidents
This session covers practical advice to drivers and managers on how to ensure they act appropriately and within the law if they are involved in a road accident. Delegates are given case studies so they can reflect on how and why road traffic crashes occur and realise that most of them are avoidable. We cover the circumstances leading up to crashes and the effects on all party’s post-crash.
This unit aims to develop knowledge, appreciation and skills related to attention and how it contributes to safe, responsible and incident free driving. Drivers will learn about how multi-tasking and taking your eyes off the road even for a second can be deadly for himself and other users of the road. Participants will also discuss about how we can tackle impaired attention and divided attention in its root.
This session covers the handling characteristics of vehicles under acceleration, braking, cornering in relation to weight, height, position balance etc. In this session we also cover vehicle safety technologies such as ABS, Traction Control, ESP etc also, advanced or defensive positioning to maximise tyre grip and balance.
Principles of Defensive Driving
In this session, we explore the techniques of skilled, enjoyable and safe driving. Delegates are coached in the areas of positioning their vehicle(s) for safety and vision whilst maximising their progress on the road. Space management features highly, along with ensuring the correct gear is engaged to provided time, space and acceleration when required. Defensive driving, advanced driving and Eco-friendly driving are closely linked and delegates are coached in all areas under the heading of ‘Defensive Driving’’ .
- The speed awareness course helps drivers to understand why people drive above the speed limit, address the reasons for speeding and the potential consequences of speeding.
- Adjust your speed to the configuration and condition of the roadway; weather and visibility conditions; traffic conditions; vehicle and cargo conditions; and your own condition.
- All participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance on successful completion of the workshop.
- These workshops are highly focused in nature and its short duration makes it easy to be integrated as part of any employee/customer benefit programs. Employers can choose to deliver just one topic or have a combination of topics to form a short training session.
- For a bespoke workshop delivered at your premises for your employees/customers or partners, please contact Newways
- All Newways trainers are trained and certified Professionals
- Instructor Ratio
- Maximum class size of 20 participants per workshop.