Techniques and Methodologies to Plan a Wide Variety of Meetings and Events
Many organizations host or participate in a variety of meetings and events, large and small, throughout the year. When properly executed, these meetings and events can deliver a tremendous return on investment in terms of exposure, education, marketing, sales or other objectives. Conversely, the impact of a poorly executed meeting or event can be substantial.
All too often the very critical role of organizing meetings and events falls to someone who has had no formal training in this field. Facilitated by a Certified Meeting Planner, this workshop will provide you with a sound foundation for successfully planning and executing a wide variety of meetings and events.
- By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Plan and execute a variety of meetings and events:
- more effectively
- more efficiently
- with a better return on investment
- with less stress and a smile on your face
Setting Goals, Objectives and Planning Program Content
- Methodology to planning a successful program that meets all goals and objectives while building timelines
- Increase attendance and the importance of history
- The return on investment
- Marketing and promotion
Facilities, Services and Information Technology
- How to select an appropriate venue
- How to design the perfect set-up
- Audio-visual, Internet and e-conferencing requirements
- The impact and importance of food and beverage offerings
- The environment and “green” meetings
- Importance of a planned scenario
- Contingency planning – why is it necessary?
- Various methods of handling reservations and housing
- Supplier relationships – critical to your success!
- Volunteer recruitment, management and orientation
- Revenue and expense analysis – building a budget
- On-site procedures and policies
- The Who, What, Where and Why of signing contracts
- Liability and insurance requirements
- Minimizing risk
Who Should Attend This Course?
Anyone who is responsible for some elements of meeting and event planning within their organization or volunteer work. This includes but is not limited to conferences, workshops, gala dinners, trade shows and charitable events.
Does this Course Address your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
- Achievement / Results Orientation
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Analytical Thinking
- Change Management and Leadership
- Client Service
- Computer and Digital Technology
- Decision Making / Decisiveness
- Document Use
- Engagement and Motivation
- Impact and Influence
- Innovation and Initiative
- Interpersonal Relations
- Management Excellence
- Planning / Organizing
- Reading Skills
- Relationship / Network Building
- Strategic Thinking
- Teamwork / Cooperation
- Working with Data and Numbers
- Working with Others