Despite all our best efforts, accidents and incidents occasionally occur. These unplanned or undesired events can adversely affect a company’s work operations and may include work-related injuries, occupational illnesses, property damage, spills and fires. Critically all incidents should therefore be thoroughly investigated demonstrating a proven company-wide process of efficiency and effectiveness linked to the Safety Management System (SMS). The more serious the incident the more extensive the investigation.
However, even a minor incident or near-miss incident also requires a thorough investigation as this may reveal significant potential for a serious future incident should the conditions be left uncorrected. While incidents seem to happen for obvious reasons, there may be things that contribute to an accident which are not always immediately apparent. This training course will provide you with the confidence and necessary professionalism to enable a thorough Accident Investigation as soon as practicable after the event.
At the end of this training course, you will learn to:
- Develop the knowledge and skills required to investigate all adverse events.
- Understand the causes of accidents and ill-health.
- Understand the elements that combine to form an accident.
- Develop confidence and professionalism in investigating, interviewing and reporting
- Ensure all employees and contractors are aware of the SMS and ‘Safety Culture’
- Apply the legal requirements and company procedures
- HSE Officers
- Team Leaders/Managers
Incident and Accident Theories
- Incident and Accident Analysis Overview, exploring Accident Theory
- Identify accident and incident causation factors
- What are the necessary conditions for an accident to happen?
- Unsafe Acts V. Unsafe Conditions: Avoiding the “Blame Game”
- Links between Risk Assessment and Incident Investigation
- Factors that contribute towards establishing a good safety culture.
- Case Studies – organisations who survived and those who failed
- Investigation Methodology
Scene Protection and Examination
- Root Cause Analysis
- The role of policies, equipment and training on accident prevention
- Interviewing Techniques, Facts, Evidence and Witness Statements
||Sep 24 - 27 Sep, 2019
|NGN 225,000.00||(The program fees covers tuition, Course Materials, Tea/Coffee Break, Lunch, Bag, Certificate of participation and administration)|
Dr Chris Egbu +2348023194131
Organisation sponsoring more than two staff will get 20% discount and Payment before two weeks to event date attracts 5% discount. You can also consider option of having this training in-house or online at 50% discount and 5 free e-books