The common analogy for ease in understanding Business Process Improvement is the fine-tuning of a car's engine.
The outcomes are:
- Quality of output
- Elimination of waste of efforts and resources
- Speed of delivery
- Reduce or even eliminate frictions among people and in the processes
- Compliance with laws and regulations and many more benefits
The Dynamics of Business Process
- What Can Successful Businesses Be Doing Right
- What May Unsuccessful Businesses Be Doing Wrong
- An Understanding of "The Job to Be Done"
- Strategy Canvas for Business Improvement
- Deciding the Capability, the Business Most Needs Now
- Balanced Scorecard Approach to Business Improvement
- Designing and Managing the Tailored Value Chain
- Tracking the Performance.
- Focusing on Metrics that Matter.
- Monitoring of budgets.
- Billing of customers
- Cash and cheque collection
- Cash and cheque collection receipts
- Petty cash management
- Electronic transfers
- Cash on hand
- Cash in bank
- Revenue enhancement
- Debt recovery
- Operating costs.
Operational Improvement Readiness
- Attention to Value Chain Effectiveness
- Waste Sources and their Elimination
- Innovations for Improvement.
Note: Available as Classroom Training as Well as Online Training
| 5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony Village, Lagos.
||Oct 05 - 07 Oct, 2020
Registration: 09:30:am - 04:00:am
Mr Abiodun Toki 08033019120
Discount of 5% to 3-4 participants from same organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or more participants from same organization.