The agriculture sector plays an important role towards rural development which in turn plays a vital role towards economic development being one of the major sources of income in developing countries. It is a major creator of jobs and plays a key role towards the realization of food security in any nation. This training program is intended to help the participants embrace agribusiness enterprise development to promote rural development, economic development and act a means to sustain their livelihoods.
By the end of the course the participant should be able to:
- Understand basic in agribusiness enterprise development.
- Gain knowledge on agribusiness diversification.
- Gain skills on the role of agribusiness growth in rural development.
- Understand the gender role in agribusiness enterprise development.
- Gain skills farm management planning.
- Understand how the economic forces affect both agribusiness and rural development.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for various Experts in Agriculture; Extension Officers, Agricultural officials and Decision makers working with local people, in governments, donor organization, Non-profit oriented organizations for Agriculture Development programmes.
Basic Concepts in Agribusiness
- What is agribusiness?
- Rural Sociology
- Entrepreneurship in farming
- Agribusiness development and rural development
- Agribusiness development and food security
- Factors hindering agribusiness development in rural areas
Agribusiness Enterprise Development
- Basic concepts in agro-entrepreneurship
- Production resources
- Nature of agribusiness products
- Risks and risk management in agriculture
- Agricultural marketing and management
- Value addition of agricultural products
- Cooperatives and their role in agribusiness development
Farm Management Plan
- Strategic plan
- Business plans
- Viability analysis
- Management strategies plan
- Natural resources plan
- What is agribusiness diversification?
- Drivers of diversification
- Types of diversification
- Opportunities for diversification
- Non-farm diversification
Cross-cutting issues in Agribusiness Enterprise Development
- Economic forces effect on agribusiness development
- Economic importance of agriculture and sustainable development
- Gender and marginalized groups role in agribusiness rural development
- Role of technology in agribusiness and rural development
- Role of government in agribusiness enterprise development
- Agribusiness incubation and innovation
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.