In order to bring together competitive activities and customer insights into coherent plans and programs that are strategically important, financially viable, and tactically achievable, organizations face many questions like the ones above. Companies need to focus more purposefully on understanding market needs and synchronizing their strategies so that development of products and services spotlight the right markets and stimulates the most effective Marketing communications and Promotional activities.
Marketing and Promotion is the function that can be the point turning point in many organizations. However, the role can be sometimes divided among different players. These players my include people in market research, competitive intelligence, Marketing strategy, and Marketing Communications. If they are not on the same page, then there can be role confusion, poor message creation, inaccurate market targets, and inappropriately equipped promotional activities. If the future of the company is more competition and market segments are going to continue to increase, then clarifying and strengthening the role of Marketing and Promotions is vital.
By the end of the course the participant should be able to;
Understand customers’ needs.
- Translate the market needs into useful product and services.
- Deliver the right messages to the right customer.
- Understand promotional techniques, media types, and programs required for communicating the intended messages concisely and consistently.
- Understand the most efficient methods to communicate market requirements to product management.
Who Should Attend?
Marketing Managers, Promotions Managers, Marketing Officers, sales personnel
Managers and officers from other departments who want to know about the function of Marketing and Promotion, and
Staff from communications or research agencies keen to add value to their clients’ Marketing and Promotions initiatives
An Overview of Marketing Management
- Marketing, Promotions and the Management Process
- Marketing functions and their characteristics
- The role of Marketing and Promotion in society – facilitating exchange in society
The Strategic Role of Marketing
- Corporate, business and marketing strategies – different issues at different organizational levels
- Implications of Marketing and Promotion activities in business strategies
- Analysing the Marketing Environment
- Characteristics of the marketing environment
- Critical components of the marketing and Promotions environment
Consumer Markets and Buying Behaviour
- Psychological, personal and social influences on consumer decision-making processes
- Organizational Markets and Buying Behaviour
- Comparing organizational and consumer markets
- Organizational buying behaviour and decision–making processes
- The importance and scope of organizational markets
- Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning
- Managing segmentation process
- Targeting and Positioning strategies
Industry and Competitor Analysis
- Identification of industry groups and potential competitors
- Promotion mix decisions
- Promotion programs and Advertising
- Implementing Strategies
- Promotions and Marketing strategies implementation
- Strategy, structure and process
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.