This course is a must for any organization aiming to employ Public Relations Campaigns as part of their business operation. Sustained public relations campaigns can help drive strategic organizational change, build public perceptions and drive reputation with key stakeholders. Well planned and executed campaigns are a cost-effective means of changing perceptions and increasing stakeholder value for an organization.
This powerful program will make a problem-solving approach to the design of PR campaigns. By closely fitting the campaign to core business priorities as well as project objectives campaign design reinforces key messages and organizational strategy. Participants will develop the skills to design, plan, cost, deliver and evaluate campaigns using the full range of PR media and channels. Case study examples in print will be used throughout. Action planning for the workplace to put ideas into action is a strong feature of the program.
Participants will develop the skills to design, plan, cost, deliver and evaluate campaigns using the full range of PR media and channels.
After attending this program, participants will learn about:
- Plan and set precise objectives to campaign activities
- Build a template for planning and managing campaigns
- Recognize the importance of research and carry out research for campaign planning and evaluation process
- Manage resources - people, material and financial resources - to achieve campaign objectives
- Use aids to campaign planning and to evaluate campaign effectiveness.
Who Should Attend?
This program has been designed for PR practitioners/professionals and for senior professionals elsewhere in the organization who want to use PR/communications tools to best effect in meeting business objectives.
This course is relevant to anyone likely to have responsibility for the delivery of PR Campaigns for their organization but is relatively new to the concepts and practicalities of this facet of corporate communications.
Middle and senior managers tasked with the direct delivery of campaigns or oversight of specialist sub-contractors
Senior operational managers with responsibility for managing teams whose role includes PR Campaigns
Senior managers up to Board level with responsibility for the strategic use of Public Relations
- Public Relations in Business
- An overview of the scope and role of Public Relations in an organization
- The importance of reputation management
- The role of the brand
- The PR Transfer Process and communications theory
- Definitions of campaigns
- The Six Point PR Plan framework for campaigns
- Assessing your PR situation
Setting Campaign Objectives and Identifying Stakeholders
- Setting Objectives to meet your business needs
- Translating objectives into practical campaign outcomes
- Identifying your public
- Assessing what your stakeholders think of you
- Learning their language
- Applying creativity to messaging
- The importance of third-party endorsement
Choosing the Right Media – Mass Media
- Features and facets of newspapers, magazines, TV and radio
- Keeping your objectives in mind
- Choosing the right titles for the right audience
- Mass media news generation and management
- Is it a media story – what’s in it for them?
- Invitations and press releases
- Conducting interviews and briefing interviewees
- Managing to film
Choosing the Right Media – Other Campaign Media
- Involving your “in-house” media
- Corporate video
- The role of corporate web sites
- Social media in campaigns
- Events as part of campaigns
- Using VIPs or celebrities
- Direct face to face communication
Budgets and Evaluation
- Costing a campaign
- Evaluating campaigns
- Crisis management and contingencies
- The in-house PR Team – Staffing, setting up and running it
- Buying in help – what to look for in a consultancy and how to get the best from them
- Personal action planning
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.