In this program, participants will be introduced to the basic industrial safety and health incorporating OSHA/WISHA rules and regulations, personal protective equipment, chemical safety, tool safety, material handling safety, machine safety, electrical safety, fire protection, health protection and safe working practices
By the end of the course the participant should be able to:
- Being able to identify basic safety hazards
- Learning how to document and record incidents and accidents in the workplace
- Identifying basic methods of hazard control
Who Should Attend?
- Supervisors with safety and health responsibilities.
- Safety inspectors and safety officers
- Safety directors, managers.
- Make Safety Work
- Responsibility for safety
- Accidents and injuries
- The accident chain
- Built in hazards
- Human influences on safety
- The accident prevention plan
- Work Area Safety
- Safety where you work
- Safety around machinery
- Safety at heights – fall protection
- Safety in enclosed areas – confined space entry
- Chemical Safety
- Safe Material Handling
- Proper lifting techniques
- Material handling injuries
- Material handling equipment and tools
- Powered industrial trucks and forklifts
- Hoist and cranes
- Rigging, wire, and nylon ropes and slings
- Material and chemical storage
- Tool and Equipment Safety
- Hand tools
- Air and electric powered hand tools
- Explosive power tools
- Certification for explosive power tools
- Fixed and portable ladders and scaffolds
- Machinery Safeguards
- Machinery guarding
- Lockout/tag out of machinery
- Barriers and enclosure guards
- Controls and operating safety
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.