All successful athletes have at least one coach and mentor responsible for ensuring a continuous improvement in their performance and competitiveness. Similarly, it is vital for organizations to include coaching, counselling and the concept of feedback into their routine daily activities and as part of the overall organizational culture. Effective coaching is not only urging people to do better, rather it’s guiding them how to do it. It is this process of unceasing improvement which builds trust between the manager and his/her employees.
This training program will highlight the importance of coaching and having a structured approach to coaching which can be effective for managers whether they are working with new recruits or aim at improvements in an experienced employee. It will help managers learn how to break tasks down to smaller components and help their team to improve performance in different part of the job hence enabling them together to achieve the organizational goal.
By the end of the course the participant should be able to:
- The qualities and attributes of an effective leader
- Importance of coaching and mentoring feedback for being an effective leader
- The importance of growing people to their full potential in accomplishing organizational objectives
- Techniques to draw an outstanding performance from every member of the team
- How to measure performance and devise effective techniques for improvement and achieving higher standards
Who Should Attend?
This 5-day training workshop is beneficial for professionals at all levels who intend to develop their coaching and motivating skills more specifically
- Project managers
- Team leaders
- Program managers
- Management Professionals
Equipping the manager to be a Leader
- What is real Leadership?
- How to equip Leaders for excellence
- Developing key management competencies to create excellence
- 12 Ways to develop your Staff potential and talent
- The Manager as a Change agent
- Activators, Behaviours and consequences
- Benefits for the organization, manager and performer
- Making the transition from Manager to Coach
- Qualities and attributes of a good Coach
Skills and Processes involved in Coaching / Motivation
- Develop the Coaching Model
- Use the “GROW” model
- Measuring and observing performance
- How to appraise a person’s performance
- The importance of handling change
- Raising their effectiveness through questioning
- End goals, performance goals and process goals
- Working your own goal setting strategy
- Developing efficient Time management
Putting Coaching and Counselling to Work
- Understanding the performer’s agenda
- Exploring barriers to progress
- Coaching the right performance attitude
- Leading by example
- Develop appreciation within and without
- The coach’s role as a facilitator
- Improving your ability to make decisions
- Choosing Pro-Active leadership
- Understand the Circle of control
- How to be pro-active in your relationships
- How to apply Persistence Performance
- Using the learnt skills to apply at every level
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.