Corporate governance deals with the complex set of relationships between the corporation and its board of directors, management, shareholders, and other stakeholders. In the recent years, the regulators and legislators have intensified their focus on how businesses are being run. They are endeavoring to create a template for new corporate governance and disclosure measures, which is beneficial for both the stakeholders and controllers.
Overview of Public Sector Governance
- An Overview of the International Governance Trends
- The Batho Pele Principles
- What is public sector governance?
- The Principles of Good Governance
- Recognition of Stakeholders
The Governance Framework
- The Reason Governance is Important
- The Similarities and Differences with the Private Sector
- Guidelines and Documentation
- Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies
Establish Good Governance
- Approaches for Building Better Governance
- Processioning of Right Decision: The Right People at the Right Time
- Reviewing Governance Arrangement
- Detection of Fraud and Anti-corruption Measures
- Compliance Function in Your Organization
- The Role of a Board / Top Management
- Effective Processes
- Receiving Assurance
- The Audit Process and Audit Committee
Standards of Behaviour
- Codes of Conduct
- Objectivity, Integrity and Honesty.
- Organizational Structures and Processes
- Statutory Accountability
- Accountability for Public Money
- Communication with Stakeholders.
- Roles and Responsibilities.
The Basic Building Blocks of Public Governance
- Tone at the Top
- An Ethical and Values-based Culture
- Establish an Appropriate Governance Committee Structures
- Relationships, Culture and Communication between Departments and State Bodies
- Statement of Internal Financial Controls
- Contents of an External Assessment
- Clear Accountability Mechanisms
- Relationships with External Stakeholders
- Working Effectively Across Organizational Boundaries
Monitoring for Results
- Performance Monitoring Framework
- Plan for Data Collection and Analysis
- Activity planning
- Tracking Implementation - inputs, activities, outputs
- Tracking Results - goals, outcomes
- Monitoring Reports.
Control, Compliance and Assurance Systems
- Identification of Risk, Prioritizing, Scoring, and Managing Risks
- Role of Risk Management
- Risk Management Principles and Process
- Risk Tolerance and Other Management Approaches
- Compliance Requirements and Decision-making Tools
- Implications for Governance and Controls
- Internal Audit
- Audit Committees
- Internal Control
- Budgeting, Financial Management and Staff Training.
- Strategic Evaluation - Are we doing the right things
- Operational Evaluation - Are we doing things right
- Development Evaluation - Are there better ways.
- Cause and Effect
- Appropriate use of policy tools.
Quality of Evaluation
- Stakeholder involvement
- Technical adequacy
- Value for money
- Dissemination and feedback.
Strategic Planning, Performance Monitoring and Evaluation
- Strategic Planning and Review Mechanisms
- Role of Board Committees
- Workings of the Nomination, Remuneration and Audit Committees
- Performance Monitoring and Evaluation
- Other Board Committees
- Holding Board Committees to Account
- Principles-based Rather than Rule-driven
Corporate governance, private, Public, Courses in Lagos, Training in Lagos, Seminars in Lagos, Workshop in Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria, Africa, March, June, September, December,2020