This Employees Exposure to Methods of Fraud Prevention Course will discuss the following:
What Fraud Is and What It Is Not
- Legal definition
- What behaviours are unacceptable
- Errors and abuse.
- The fraud-triangle theory
- sufficient pressure
- adequate opportunity
- ability to rationalize a dishonest act
- Dispel what a fraud perpetrator looks like
- age groups
- income levels
- both genders.
How Fraud Hurts the Organization
- Lost resources
- Decreased productivity
- Investments of time and money into investigation
- A hit to the company’s reputation
- Distorted company goals through financial engineering
- Lowered employee morale.
How Fraud Hurts Employees
- Increased employee scrutiny
- Decreased trust throughout the organization
- Possibility of decreased salaries
- Possibility of loss of bonuses
- Possible layoffs
- Need to clean up after any mess created.
How to Identify Fraud
- Financial/Transactional Red Flags
- red flags regarding the structure of or personnel involved in a transaction
- red flags within the organization’s operations
- red flags within the accounting system
- red flags regarding the organization’s financial performance
Behavioral Red Flags
- living beyond their means
- financial difficulties
- unwilling to share duties
- unusually close relationship with vendor/customer
- wheeler/dealer attitude
- addiction problems
- unwilling to take vacation days
- constant complaints about inadequate pay
- complaints about lack of authority.
How to Report Fraud
- Most frauds uncovered by whistle blowing
Punishments for Fraudulent Acts
- Spelled out explicitly to all in advance
- Addressed with certainty, swiftness, and severity.
Note: Available as Classroom Training as Well as Online Training
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony Village, Lagos.
||May 10 - 12 May, 2021
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony Village, Lagos., Lagos State, Nigeria
||20 - 22 Oct, 2021
Registration: 09:00:am - 04:00:am
Mr Abiodun Toki 08033019120
Discount of 5% to 3-4 participants from same organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or more participants from same organization.