How governments can make a more explicit and consistent statement of policy goals and priorities.
Provides continuity to the budget process by placing the annual budget discussion in the context of the government’s medium-term fiscal strategy and policy priorities.
Encourages efficiency in the allocation of public resources by enhancing transparency and accountability in the budget process and by providing a mechanism for the systematic review of expenditure priorities and commitments.
Budget projections signal whether current policies and their future implications are at odds with this fiscal strategy.
Serves as a vehicle for encouraging cooperation between various government agencies by inviting greater involvement of line ministries in the budget process.
The objective of the training is to expose participants drawn from the Budgeting department of the Planning Ministry as well as Officers responsible for Budget Preparation in all the other Ministries, Departments and Agencies to the principles, practices and current thinking, concepts and developments on multiyear budgeting so as to appreciate the value of the process and enhance their the ability to draw up multiyear budgets to support programmes and projects. It will also provide a better understanding and interpretation of budget reports whilst fostering the savings of time and effort in preparing annual budgets.
- Budgeting Fundamentals
- What is budget realism?
- Budget realism
- Annual and medium-term budgets
- Budget realism concepts and characteristics
- The budget system
- Annual budget cycle
- Understanding the budget: its coverage
- Expenditure classifications
- Key budget processes
- Multi Year Budgeting
- Overview / introduction to Multi-year budgeting and expenditure programming
- Medium term and expenditure frame work
- Multi-year expenditure programming approaches
- Implementing Multi-year expenditure programming
- Planning, programming and budgeting system
- Medium-term budget
- Budget regulation frameworks.
- 'Top-down' planning and budgeting
- Economic and fiscal update
- Fiscal strategy paper
- Budget policy statement
- 'Bottom-up' planning and budgeting
- Preparing a realistic budget
- Processes, responsibilities and documents
- Preparing a budget
- Planning and preparing the budget
- Setting up a Budget Planning Committee
- Budget calendar
- Preparing the budget
- Getting legislative approval for the budget
- Implementing the budget
- Forecasting and modelling budgets using solver (a special computer package)
- Computerized budget management
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Tracking and evaluating performance of the budget
- Public expenditure tracking systems / surveys
- Recording, auditing and reviewing budget performance
- Monitoring and evaluating the budget
- Mainstreaming gender and social inclusion in budget processes
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony Village, Lagos.
||Oct 14 - 18 Oct, 2019
Registration: 08:30:am - 09:00:am
Class Session: 09:00:am - 04:00:am
MR ABIODUN TOKI 08033019120
Discount of 5% to 3-4 participants from same organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or more participants from same organization.