This course is tailored in a step by step approach aimed at equipping candidates to understand how to analyse any investment and make proper investment decision. The program will cover various investment techniques including value functions and portfolio tools such as optimization techniques (Linear Programming).
This programme will enable the participants:
- To understand various techniques needed to appraise any investment
- Build various investment models
- Analyze loans and know if their cash flows will be able to repay the loans.
The participants will be able to
- compute various debt securities
- know the most profitable investment from several portfolios.
Investment Analysis Appraisal Techniques
- (FV) Future Value of an Investment
- (PV) Present Value of an Investment
- (NPer) Number of periods of an Investment
- (FVshedule) Future value of an initial principal
- (IPMT) Interest payment in an annuity model
- (IRR) Internal rate of return for a series of cash flows
- (NPV) Net present value
- (PMT) Loan payment based on annuity
- (PPMT) Periodic principal payment of loan
Payback Period Model
- (MIRR) Modified internal rate of return
- (XIRR) Internal rate of return for a schedule of cash flows
- (XNPV) Net present value for a schedule of cash flows
Security (Accrint) Accrued interest for a security that pays periodic interest
- (Accrintm) Returns the accrued interest for a security that pays interest at maturity
- (Disc) Returns the discount rate for a security.
- (Intrate) Returns the interest rate for a fully invested security.
- (Mduration) Returns the modified macauley duration with an assumed per value of N100
- (Oddfprice) Returns the price per N100 face value of a security having an odd(short or long) first period.
- (Oddlprice) Returns the price per N100 face value of a security having an odd (short or long) last period.
- (Oddfyield) Returns the yield of a security that has an odd (short or long) first coupon period.
- (Oddlyield) Returns the yield of a security that has an odd (short or long) last coupon period.
- (Price) Returns the price per N100 face value of a security that pays periodic interest.
- (Price mat) Returns the price per N100 face value of a security that pays interest at maturity.tt
- (Received) Returns the amount received at maturity for a fully invested security
- Returns the bond equivalent yield for a treasury bill
- (Tbillprice) Returns the per N100 face value for a treasury bill
- (Yield) Returns the yield on a security that pays periodic interest.
- (Frequency) Computes the number of coupon payments per year
- (Yielddisc) Returns the annual yield for a discounted security
- (Yield mat) Returns the annual yield for a security that pays interest at maturity.
- Elements of Optimization Models
- Linear Programming
- Margin Maximization
- Building Sensitivity analysis and Scenarios into Models
- Strategy Session: Application of Policy Analysis and Formulation
Note: Available as Classroom Training as Well as Online Training
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony Village, Lagos.
||Dec 08 - 11 Dec, 2020
MR ABIODUN TOKI 08033019120
Discount of 5% to 3-4 participants from same organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or more participants from same organization.