All HR Professionals need to contribute to the organisation at a strategic level and become a true strategic partner. This contemporary training course will show you how to do this and will give you the skills and knowledge to make the transition from a service provider to a strategic partner – to make sure the organisation meets stakeholder expectations.
Strategic HRM (SHRM) is about attracting, developing, rewarding, and retaining employees for the benefit of both the employees as individuals and the organisation. Thus, the goals of an HR Department should reflect and support the goals of the rest of the organisation.
HR Transformation is about driving results, and hence this training course will help delegates deliver more than just necessary administration but more on transformation efforts designed to improve HR functionality and services that will align to corporate goals and strategies like quality, productivity, internal and external customer satisfaction.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Explain in their own words, the concept of business strategy
- Formulate a plan to transform strategic requirements into HR objectives
- Illustrate examples of techniques and methodologies applicable to strategy formation including SWOT, PEST, PESTLE, Five Forces Analysis and Balanced Scorecards
- Formulate a Business Model Plan using the Business Model Canvas (BMC)
- Evaluate HR’s role in strategy development and implementation
Who Should Attend?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Anyone who needs to learn about the essentials of SHRM
- All HR Staff and HR Practitioners
- HR Managers
- HR Directors
- Planners, Strategic Planners
- HR Business Partners
- Anyone who needs to understand HR strategy
- People moving into HR from other roles
Day One: The Meaning and Practice of Strategic HR
- Understanding strategy
- Development of Strategic HRM
- The New HR Models
- The Business Partner model
- Shared services and Centres of expertise
- Steps needed to form an HR strategy
Day Two: Translating Strategy into Business Models
- Formation of Strategic objectives
- HR Mission Statement Creation
- SHRM Metrics
- Creating a Business Model
- Business model canvas for SHRM
- Cost Structures
Day Three: Practical Strategic Analysis Tools for SHRM
- Measurement tools – organizational maturity and corporate culture
- Strategic Analysis Tools
- SWOT and PESTLE
- Using 5-Forces Analysis
- An introduction to Balanced Scorecards
- Human Resources accounting model
Day Four: Organisational Trends Impacting Organisations
- Employment trends impacting on HR
- World business trends affecting HR
- Leadership and HR
- Team Working
- Retention Issues
- The future of HR
Day Five: Evaluating HR Function
- Predictive Trends and Analytics
- Software for predictive planning and trend analysis
- A Practical Example of Measurement - Absenteeism
- HR’s Contribution to Added Value
- Evaluating the HR Function
- Personal Action Planning
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.