Perhaps you’ve got great ideas but want to be taken more seriously. Or you work harder than your equals but want more recognition or opportunity to make a real difference. Maybe you are doing a great job at managing your work and your team, but you need an extra boost of confidence and ability to call yourself a true leader.
Women’s innate sense of responsibility, people skills, and creativity are well known, and as more and more women are entering the workforce, they are proving themselves to be invaluable assets to their company’s. However, for women to truly step up and into leadership roles with confidence, they need the knowledge, support, encouragement which comes from trainings especially designed with the women leader in mind.
This training course empowers women to value themselves and develop their leadership potential by focusing on the skills, attitudes and qualities that are especially required by women in the workplace. As well as preparing them for the internal and external obstacles likely to be faced along the way. This training course offers a truly unique opportunity for women to take a high jump in terms of their confidence and competence as leaders in the workplace.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Express themselves clearly and confidently in front of an audience
- Communicate assertively with higher management and with subordinates
- Recognize their own leadership strengths and weaknesses
- Formulate a master plan for creating a successful team
- Practice emotional awareness and self-management in any situation
- Create innovative approaches to improve every area of their job
Who Should Attend?
Women who are new to positions requiring leadership skills, or experienced women leaders seeking inspiration and insights to further their roles.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Team leaders
- Community leaders
- Women business owners
Day One: The Changing Role of Women at Work
- Recognizing your value and your leadership gifts as a woman leader
- Learning from role models of successful women at work
- Examining leadership styles and their effectiveness
- Understanding and clarifying purpose, vision and mission and values
- Recognizing and avoiding common mistakes new leaders make
- Overcoming glass ceilings and creating a support network
Day Two: Self Managing Leadership
- Managing your roles, responsibilities, relationships and resources
- Building positive self-image and self-worth
- Establishing empowering beliefs
- Increasing Self-Awareness and Emotional Intelligence at work
- Creating a balanced lifestyle to support your success
Day Three: Essential Communication Skills for Women at Work
- Delivering a clear, confident public presentation
- Practicing assertive communication in every situation
- Adapting communication for gender differences
- Giving directions, delegation and feedback
- Influencing others to create positive change
- Handling competition, jealousy and political manoeuvring
Day Four: Team Leadership in Times of Change
- Creating a happy and productive team
- Team leadership in a multi-cultural, multi-gender team
- Develop team charters to help focus the team
- Overcoming resistance to change
- Managing conflict through win-win thinking
- Leading productive, energised and creative meetings
Day Five: Toolbox for the Creative Leader
- Logical and Intuitive Decision-Making Tools
- Mind Mapping for creativity, planning and problem solving
- Encourage creativity and innovation in a team
- Problem Solving and creativity techniques
- Where to go next – continuing learning strategies
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.