This training course enables you to implement or upgrade measurement systems in your department or organization. The training course links activity with strategy through success factors and performance measures. The training course clarifies the differences and connections between critical success factors (CSFs), key results indicators (KRIs), and key performance Indicators (KPIs) explaining how each should be used and how to pick the vital few measures from the many indicators that most organizations use.
You will discover a powerful method for implementing a successful performance measurement system, exploring a range of proven performance measures, and use Excel to develop useful Dashboard and Scorecard worksheets.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Realize the benefits of utilizing an effective Performance Measurement System
- Understand the concept of Strategy and Strategy Execution
- Deploy a successful methodology for developing and implementing performance metrics
- Address the human factors of implementing a performance measurement system
- Design and develop Dashboards and Scorecards in Excel
- Evaluate and select success factors/CSFs and performance measures/KRIs/KPIs
Who Should Attend?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit
- All personnel involved in developing and implementing Performance Measures
- Advisors, planners, and others developing Scorecards and Dashboards
- Functional, Line and Operational Managers
- Process Improvement/Quality managers
- Project / PMO Managers
Day One: Understanding the Current Situation and the Need for Change
- What are Performance Measurements and Management?
- The need for performance measurement
- Current methods of measurement and common failings
- Characteristics of good measures
- Defining Strategy and how to translate it into action and Execution
- Barriers and Success Factors related to Strategy Execution
Day Two: Driving the Mission statement/aims into the Organization through Success Factors
- Building a Strategy Focused Organization (SFO)
- Balanced Scorecard and the Performance Metrics – The 4 Perspectives
- Examples of Specific Metrics – Financial Perspective
- Defining Critical Success Factors
- Characteristics of Key Performance Indicators
- Organization Excellence
Day Three: Planning to Implement Performance Measurement
- Foundation for Successful Management – The Best Practice Model
- How to develop and Standardize Performance Metrics
- Examples of Specific Performance Metrics – Customer Perspective
- The 6-phase model for implementing a successful Performance Measurement System
- Implementation Phase 1: Gaining management commitment and selecting a winning team
Day Four: Developing and Implementing Success Factors and Performance Measurements
- Identifying and managing human factors in performance measurement
- Implementing Phase 2: Planning for Success – Strategic Business Planning Framework
- Examples of Specific Performance Metrics – Process Perspective
- Implementation Phase 3: Clarifying the success factors and measurements using Balanced Scorecard and Strategy Maps
- Implementation Phase 4: Performance Contracts Framework
- Using Excel to Develop a Balanced Scorecard for your organization and to obtain the final score
- Examples of Specific Performance Metrics – Learning and Growth Perspective
Day Five: Full Day Workshop on the Design and Development of Scorecards and Dashboards using “EXCEL”
- Excel: Advanced features and skills for Dashboards and Scorecards including the following
- Introduction and Dashboard Discussion
- Implementing Phase 5: Finalizing Metrics and Developing a Reporting System
- Excel hands-on Exercise – Develop a Dashboard
- Excel hands-on Exercise – Develop a BSC
- Implementing Phase 6: Maintenance and Embedding the System
- Review and wrap up
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.