This is a course that details for Managers who are not HR professionals significant HR issues that would mostly engage them in the course of their normal duties.
It covers key aspects of:
• Recruitment, onboarding, and deployment of staff
• Employment conditions and policies
• Career development and succession planning
• Grievance and discipline handling
• Dimensions of employee relations management.
The course will make managers appreciate the central significance of Human Resources management and their own roles as people managers.
They will be exposed to:
• The skills for successful selection interviewing
• Managing the on-boarding process
• Management of the performance management process
• Training, employee development and reward systems
• Coaching and mentoring skills.
Introduction to HR Deliverables
• The need for an integrated approach to Human Resources management
• HR Strategic Plan
• Organisation Structure
• Manpower Planning
• Job Profiling
• Recruitment Policy
• Staff Induction
• Staff Deployment
• Training and Development
• Performance Management
• Succession Planning
• Employment Laws
• Employee Records Management
• Exit and Separation
Understanding the HR Management Approach
• Establishing business need
• Defining deliverables and activities
• Defining high level organisation structure
• Documenting HR policies and procedures.
Managers Competence for HR Processes
• Focusing employees on business objectives
• Defining and managing competencies
• Interviewing and selection (internal and external)
• Placement and assignment
• Training, knowledge sharing and development
• Performance management system
• Compensation and benefits
• Management of employee career
• Succession planning
• Employee exiting procedures.
Employment Policies and Conditions of Service
• Employment Classifications
• Spouse Employment Policy
• Management Process for Employees Performance.
• A brief on Nigeria's Employment Laws
• Associations and Unions management
• Employee grievance handling
• Discipline procedures
• Internal communications
• External communications
• Conflict of interests
• Political activities