Articulate how best practices in communication strengthen business results.
Identify the four ways breakdowns in communication can occur.
Develop an understanding of your own communication style.
Learn to identify the communication styles of others.
Develop a process to respond to the communication styles of others.
Identify tools and best practices to communicate clearly.
Learn best practices to manage the fear of public speaking.
Maintain poise and professionalism.
Identify the three stages of the interview process to obtain needed information.
Identify strategies to negotiate agreement.
Understand the dynamics of building a team and strengthening client relationships.
Develop the four dimensions of versatility to influence others.
The Communication Model
- Classic definitions of sender, receiver, medium, and message
- Application of the model to various types of communications
Social Styles and Communications
- Style preferences and behaviours
- Recognition of styles
- Impacts of styles on communications
- Communications between and among differing styles
Best Practices for Presentations
- Characteristics of presentations
- Types of presentations, including audit-committee presentations and opening, status, and exit meetings
- Presentation best practices, including organization of content, visual factors, and vocal factors
- Ways to handle fear of presentations
- Use of presentation visual aids
Best Practices for Interviewing
- Purposes for interviews
- Stages of the interview
- The interviewing relationship
- Listening skills
- Questioning skills
- Response skills
Best Practices for Negotiating
- Characteristics of negotiations
- Separation of people from problems
- Distinctions between interests and positions
- Creation of options
- Alternatives to negotiated solutions
- Strategies for hostile negotiations
All Internal Auditors in both the Public and Private Sectors.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.