The role of a forensic accounting is often to analyse, interpret, summarize and present complex financial and business-related issues in manner which is both understandable and properly supported. Complex financial transactions will therefore require analysis by forensic accountants to assess whether there has been any wrongdoing. In the recent past, the demand for forensic accountants has increased due to the increasing level of prosecution for financial fraud both in the private and the public sectors. Indeed, today world is faced with the reality that fraudulent activities have immensely contributed to the widespread collapse and poor performance of entities in the public sector.
Senior and middle level managers, accountants, auditors, fraud investigators and anyone who wishes to practice in the area of forensic accounting
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the concepts and principles of forensic accounting.
- Appreciate the true cost of financial fraud, both in relation to specific businesses/organizations and society.
- Describe the traits and behaviour of those who commit fraud.
- Apply in-depth investigation of fraud detection techniques.
- Conduct gathering of intelligence, case planning, establishing goals and ultimately initiating a case.
- Gather evidence that can prove or disapprove a case.
- Plan and conduct effective interview.
- Assess of risk factors and best practices in risk prevention.
- Identify different types of cyber-data and crime.
- Establish a forensic team.
- Overview of forensic accounting.
- Cost of crime to public organizations.
- The Fraudsters and fraud detection techniques.
- The investigative process and evidence gathering.
- Evaluation of financial and non-financial evidence.
- Fraud risk assessment and prevention.
- Computer crimes and building a forensic team.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.