Results-based monitoring and evaluation or Rb M and E refers to systematic approach to tracking results and performance, based on a transparent and reflective logical and results framework approach. Result based monitoring and evaluation gives us a framework to: Better plan interventions that create positive, measurable outcomes for stakeholders. This course focuses on bringing in accountability of monitoring and evaluation for ensuring project completion on time within budgeted costs.
- Recognizing the elements for the planning of Monitoring and Evaluation systems.
- Identify national and firm projects and programs to be implemented
- Identify the different stakeholders and their roles.
- Define key results and develop a logic model to show how they are connected.
- Develop indicators and obtain data.
- Design a system to gather, store, transmit and use information.
- Anticipate and overcome challenges
- Identifying the critical attributes of well-formulated Assumptions that can be monitored.
- Plan a monitoring and evaluation instrument
- Develop evaluation questions that address stakeholders needs
- Effectively communicate monitoring and evaluation data.
- Use the developed monitoring and Evaluation for effective policy implementation
The training is intended for: Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Senior Project Analysts, Senior Project Officers, Economists, Policy Planners, Donor Coordination Officers, Development Consultants and Officers and Development Project Officers in Government
- Introduction to RBM – Monitoring and Evaluation (RBME)
- RBME Conceptual framework
- Understanding how organization-level M and E differs from project-level M and E.
- Analysing the main features of a results-based M and E system.
- Identifying the six stages of building or reforming a results based M and E system.
- Comparing your organization’s existing approach to a results-based M and E system
- Monitoring and the project cycle
- Purpose of monitoring
- Knowing the Results Chain
- Undertaking a Readiness Assessment
- Linking Project to program and national strategies
- Preparing the Logical Framework for Monitoring and Evaluation
- Using and Understanding the Logical Framework for project design, monitoring, and evaluation
- Formulating indicators and using baseline data
- Undertaking Stakeholder Mapping and Analysis
- Tools for Result Based Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Designing the system and preparing to implement it
- Planning for implementation
- Developing organizational structures and processes to make optimal use of M and E data.
- Tools for collecting data and engaging stakeholders
- Monitoring Activities, Outputs, Assumptions and Stakeholder responses
- Data capture and recording
- Review monitoring templates
- Who, how and when to collect monitoring data?
- Formative and Summative Evaluation
- Preparing the Narrative Report
- Reporting project progress and findings
- Post project evaluation
- Mainstreaming project results
- Database Management
- Action Planning
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English