At the end of the workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Understand how the role of a board of directors has changed in today’s increasingly regulated business environment
- Gain an insider’s view of some of the world’s most dynamic boardrooms from the executives who lead them
- Acquire the proven roadmap for designing and leading an effective board
- Uncover the best methods to recruit and select the most qualified directors
- Collaborate more effectively as a board director, chairman, or chief executive
- What a company should look for when recruiting new directors
- The Companies Act and other legislations that a director needs to know.
- Understanding key relationships: the board, the auditor, the company secretary, shareholders/owners, and management.
- Director duties and responsibilities.
- How a board can effectively engage and motivate corporate management
- Expectations of a director: disclosure, financial, tax and audit.
- Liabilities for breaching the duties imposed on directors.
- An effective board.
- CEO and Director Selection
- Designing Effective Boards
- How to Succeed in the Boardroom
- Board Principles
- How a board determines suitability when hiring a new CEO
- How an institutional investor or private equity or hedge fund should evaluate a board before investing in a company
- Key factors in the regulatory environment?
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|SunLodge Hotel, Off Achimota - Circle Road behind the Shell Filling Station at No. 76, 4th Road (Saxel Estates) Tesano – Accra, Ghana
||Oct 20 - 23 Oct, 2020
|NGN 3,000.00||(The Workshop fee is $3,000.00 (Three Thousand USD) only per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA – 08033045484 08033045484
5% discount for 3-5 participants and 10% discount for 6 and above number of participants from the same organization.
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.