Most organizations maintain and manage large amounts of information. One of the most efficient and powerful ways of managing data is by using relational databases. Information can be stored, linked, and managed using a single relational database application and its associated tools. Microsoft Access is a very popular program used worldwide to build and run databases. Databases created with MS Access can also be viewed and edited online by uploading them to SharePoint.
Microsoft implements some safety precautions when you work with online files, and this course will show you how to activate your content after you download it. This course will also review keyboard shortcuts which help you work faster by relying more on the keyboard. You do not need any prior experience working with Access to undertake this course, but if you are familiar with previous versions, then this course will help you quickly make the transition to the upgraded version, Microsoft Office 2013 that would be used in this course.
At the end of course participants should be able to:
- Restructure data into appropriate tables to ensure data dependency and minimize redundancy
- Write queries to analyze and summarize data
- Create and revise macros
- Customize reports
- Maintain databases using Microsoft Access tools
- Build and work with online databases.
- Create and publish web databases.
- Save a changed database to the web.
- Learn keyboard shortcuts and access keys.
- Learn to work with security protocols.
Duration: 5 Days
Who Should Attend?
The course targets individuals who wish to establish a foundational understanding of Microsoft Office Access, including the skills necessary to create a new database, construct data tables, design forms and reports and create queries.
- Database concepts
- Exploring the Access environment
- Getting help
Databases and tables
- Planning and designing databases
- Exploring tables
- Creating tables
Fields and records
- Changing the design of a table
- Finding and editing records
- Organizing records
- Data entry rules
- Setting field properties
- Working with input masks
- Setting validation rules
- Creating and using queries
- Modifying query results and queries
- Performing operations in queries
- Creating forms
- Using Design view
- Sorting and filtering records
Working with reports
- Modifying and printing reports
- Database normalization
- Relating tables
- Implementing referential integrity
- Lookup fields
- Modifying lookup fields
- Joining tables in queries
- Calculated fields
- Summarizing and grouping values
Advanced form design
- Adding unbound controls
- Adding Graphics
- Adding calculated values
- Adding combo boxes
- Advanced form types
Unit 5: Reports and printing
- Customized headers and footers
- Adding calculated values
- Charts in forms
- Charts in reports
- Modifying PivotTables
- Pivot Charts
- PivotTable forms
- PivotTables and Pivot Charts
Querying with SQL
- SQL and Access
- Writing SQL statements
- Attaching SQL queries to controls
- Creating crosstab queries
- Creating parameter queries
- Using action queries
- Creating, running, and modifying macros
- Attaching macros to the events of database objects
- Creating macros to provide user interaction
- Creating macros that require user input
- Creating the Autokey and Auto Exec macros
- Creating macros for data transfer
Importing, exporting, and linking
- Importing objects
- Exporting objects
- Interacting with XML documents
- Linking Access objects
- Working with Windows SharePoint Services
- Optimizing resources
- Protecting databases
- Setting options and properties
- Internet integration
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.