The goal of information management is to ensure that the right information reaches the right stakeholders at the right time. Project stakeholders, donors, partners, and beneficiaries depend on good and timely information to make good decisions. You will gain a strong working knowledge of the concepts of project information management systems and be able to immediately use that knowledge to effectively manage the information in your project.
Upon successful completion of the Project Information Management Online course participants will: Understand the information management processes and information lifecycle, know the steps required to plan and manage project information and develop an effective project information management plan.
Duration: 5 Days
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for all people that want to improve the way information is managed in their projects, including professionals wishing to upgrade their skills and knowledge, team members, supervisors of project managers and students of project management.
Module 1: Introduction to PIMS
- What is PIMS?
- The problem with information management
- Systematize before you automate
- Logical framework and PIMS
- Definitions of data, information, and knowledge
Module 2: Information Environment
- Information Environment
- Information Dimensions
- Information Standards
- Information Architecture
Module 3: Components of a PIMS
- Core Modules
- Team information
- Project Results
Module 4: Information Life Cycle
- Life Cycle of PIMS
- Information Needs
- Collecting Information
- Sharing Information
- Evaluating the PIMS
Module 5: Developing the PIMS
- The SDCL
- System requirements
- Design of the solution
- Development and testing
- User Training
- Deploying the PIMS
Module 6: Management of PMIS
- Managing the information system
- Information management plan
- Information requirements
- Information access
- Internal controls and quality
- Evaluating the PIMS
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue.
- Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.