This programme introduces, describes and explains the roles, activities and responsibilities of the personnel management function - its staff, officers and managers. It deals with the many different areas which come under the remit of personnel management and provides training on the important duties that personnel management managers and staff must perform.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for Team Leaders and line management professionals with development or personnel responsibilities. Professionals with an interest in people management and development will also benefit from this course
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the principles of effective communication and develop communication skills that will improve one’s ability to effectively receive and transmit messages in the workplace
- Understand the factors that contribute to overall workplace conditions and can affect workplace culture
- Understand the application of strategic human resources development and personnel management practices in the workplace
- Identify essential processes in recruitment and the induction of employees
- Understand the key elements of planning and conducting effective staff training
- Describe how team processes can be used to improve performance and productivity
- Identify methods to establish and maintain discipline through positive means, such as reinforcement and increasing motivation
- Develop strategies for reducing dissatisfaction and handling dissatisfaction when it arises
- Understand the importance of monitoring workplace processes and performance