The workshop will highlight current trends and practices in computer auditing techniques. Most forward-looking organizations have computerized various aspects of their operations, which the auditors necessarily must investigate. The auditor therefore must upgrade his knowledge and adapt to carrying out his functions effectively in a computerized environment.
This will be the focus of this important workshop. It will also teach best practice methods in modern internal auditing.
- Computer installation control check list i.e. Environmental, Personnel, Hardware, and Software.
- Communications and administrative controls.
- Maintaining the audit trail in computerized systems
- Controls in on-line and real time systems
- Use of computer software in computer auditing (CAATS)
- Forensic analysis of forged and fraudulent documents
- Signature verification and forensic audit controls
- Definition of internal control systems
- Internal control systems and procedures
- Systems documentation process
- Systems review methods: to detect loopholes in the internal control process and to plug identified loopholes
- Systems upgrade: to cover anticipated areas of deficiency
- Causes and types of fraud
- Punishing fraudsters
- Audit repots
- Experience sharing session
- Emerging trends and challenges