This 5-day solar installation training course will provide you with a solid grounding in solar technology, the terminology associated with the industry, what makes up solar installation, the key benefits of solar technology. The goal of the course is to create a fundamental understanding of the core concepts necessary to work with all PV systems. This course is ideal for anyone wishing to install renewable energy. It is intended for new entrants to the renewable energy / solar market.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Know the relevant regulations/standards and requirements relating to practical installation, testing and commissioning activities for solar panel system installation work
- Know the health and safety risks and safe systems of work associated with solar panel system installation work
- Know the types and layouts of solar panel systems
- Know the purpose of components used within solar panel system installations
- Know the types and key operating principles of solar collectors
- Know the requirements for installing for solar panel systems
- Know the requirements to test and commission solar panel system installations
- Be able to plan and prepare for the installation of ‘active’ solar thermal and electric systems
- Be able to undertake fault diagnosis work on ‘active’ solar thermal and electric system installations
Who Should Attend?
The course is ideal for experienced plumbing and heating engineers looking to improve their knowledge and understanding of solar panel installation.
Module 1: Understanding Solar Power
- Introduction to solar energy technology systems
- Solar power worldwide
Module 2: Principles of Solar Panel Installation
- Fundamental working principles
- Fundamental requirements of building location/building features
- Regulatory requirements
- Health and safety risks and safe systems of work
- Requirements of relevant regulations/standards relating to practical installation, testing and commissioning activities
- Types and layouts
- Purpose and operational characteristics of solar system components
- Types and key operating principles of solar collectors
- Information requirements to enable system component selection and sizing
- Measuring the performance of solar systems
Module 3: Solar Electric Design and Installation
- Fundamentals and understanding of various components
- System architectures, and applications for PV systems
- Site analysis
- System sizing
- Array configuration and performance estimation
- Electrical design characteristics such as wiring, overcurrent protection, and grounding.
Module 4: Solar Thermal Design and Installation
- The science behind solar thermal
- Solar thermal collector types
- Solar thermal components
- Solar thermal systems
- Solar thermal installations
- Home integration
- Critical Considerations
- Filling and commissioning
- Solar thermal system servicing and fault finding.
Module 5: The Importance of Solar Power and Installation of Solar Technology
- Why solar and what is preventing it?
- The installation of solar panel systems: An overview
- How to encourage solar energy
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.