Project managers in different organizations, across different sectors often deal with some of the same challenges. These challenges often include managing the project budget, communications, the team, stakeholders, risk, scope and more. In today's business environment, especially in the current situation that the whole world is experiencing, it is essential to develop project managers who can complete individual projects on time and within budget. It is even more critical to develop an organization that can leverage its project management capability into a key competitive advantage in an ever-changing marketplace.
Furthermore, project managers also need to use the ten knowledge areas provided in the PMBOK Guide that are essential for the project’s success. Each one of the ten knowledge areas are comprised of a set of processes with inputs, tools and techniques as well as outputs. Each one of these processes work together and are critical in driving project success.
This GTC course provides a solid introduction to fundamentals of modern project management best practices, focusing on these 10 knowledge and skills that every project manager should have.
Ten Key Learning Outcomes
Delegates who attend this GTC course will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Apply the International Project Management Standards from the Project Management Institute (the PMBOK® Guide) to real-world situations
- Manage a project through each stage of the project management life cycle
- Document the needs and priorities of key stakeholders
- Develop a project plan that balances scope, time, cost, and risk
- Monitor project activities and effectively assess progress
- Recognise the difference between delivering value and just being ‘on schedule’
- Establish project controls to ensure a successful contractual outcome
- Apply a systematic and strategic approach to the management of a project
- Develop robust project teams
- Master project management soft skills