This training course for communication practitioners to hone their skills and learn new strategies for using communications more effectively, as they network with other local and international Communicators. Participants not only become stronger strategic communicators, they also learn to build the capacity of their organizations to use communications to reach their social change goals.
Participants work with top experts from the field while studying a host of communications building blocks from planning and tactics to evaluation and fundraising. Participants also develop skills they can immediately apply in the workplace, such as social media skills, presentation delivery, media interviews and storytelling. It is an opportunity for the practitioners to network; explore new media and exchange ideas on what is working. To enrich the program, facilitators and practitioners have an international mix. Special topics will be covered to enrich participants work. For example,
- Emerging media; power of social media for campaigns
- Power of story-telling
- Advocacy approaches
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Participants learn how to lead and manage Communication Units or departments;
- Stay at the strategic position within the organization by aligning communication to the overall organizational goals and objectives;
- Plan, Execute and Evaluate a Comprehensive Communications Strategy
- Pick the choice and plan for Policy Advocacy or Behaviour Change. Strategies may include: Community Mobilization; Fundraising; Media advocacy; Behaviour Change Communication; (BCC) and Information Education and Communication (IEC) campaigns; strengthen internal communication;
- Incorporate Results Based Management to the Communication strategy;
- Refine their Organizational Branding
- Get internal “buy –in” among board and strengthen internal communications among staff, volunteers and other key stakeholders and ensure key messages are consistently echoed throughout the organization;
- Develop Crisis Management Plan to deal;
- Make informed choices about communications resources;
- Harness Social Media, Internet marketing, digital technologies drive awareness, build communities and connect with volunteers, supporters and advocates
Duration: 5 days
Who Should Attend?
Communication and PR Executives and Managers (and others responsible for strategic communication) from: Government, Non Profit Organizations (NGOs), Civil Society Organizations (CSO),Training Institutions, Research Institutions, Faith Based Organizations, Private and donor organizations, among other organizations.
Frameworks and blueprints for communication strategy
This module covers how to design and develop a PR strategy using systematic processes.
- Communication strategy best practice and success factors
- Making strategy clear, simple and practical
- Step-by-step processes for creating a communication strategy
- Practical workshop
Evidence-based communication strategy
This module covers how to use objective research techniques to create a properly targeted communication strategy.
- Qualitative communication research: interviews, focus groups, observation
- Analyzing and assimilating stakeholder research
- Quantitative communication research: content analysis, surveys, polling
- Setting evidence-based communication goals and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Case study examples
Defining strategic goals and objectives
This module covers specialized techniques for developing complex PR strategies.
- Integrating communication strategy with organizational strategy
- Aligning communication goals with business goals
- Evaluating which issues communication should target
- Defining values, personality and voice for strategic communication
Securing management support for communication strategies
This module covers how to get buy-in from the top for ambitious PR strategies.
- Working with management to empower the communications function
- Communication and the Board: managing a charged relationship
- Presenting communication in the language of management
- Working with other departments and securing their support
- Register for online training and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%).
- All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
- One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.