ISO 30301 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform a Management System for Records (MSR) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 30301 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
Who Should Attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Management System for Records (MSR) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master a Management System for Records audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Management System for Records requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for a Management System for Records audit
- Expert advisors in Records Management
- Understand the operations of a Management System for Records based on ISO 30301
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 30301 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 30301 in the context of an MSR audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in MSR audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
Prerequisites: A fundamental understanding of ISO 30301 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
Day 1: Introduction to Management System for Records (MSR) and ISO 30301
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO 30301 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Management System for Records (MSR)
Domain 2: Management System for Records (MSR)
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 30301 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 30301 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO 30301 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO 30301 audit program
Note: PECB Certified Individuals who do possess the Lead Implementer and Lead Auditor Credentials are qualified for the respective PECB Master Credential, given they have taken 4 additional Foundation Exams which are related to this scheme. For more detailed information about the Foundation Exams and the overall Master Requirements, please go to the following link: https://pecb.com/en/master-credentials.
To be considered valid, these audits should follow best audit practices and include the following activities:
- Audit planning
- Audit interview
- Managing an audit program
- Drafting audit reports
- Drafting non-conformity reports
- Drafting audit working documents
- Documentation review
- On-site Audit
- Follow-up on non-conformities
- Leading an audit team
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free