Consumer Product Safety Foundation training enables you to learn the basic elements to monitor, measure and manage Consumer Product Safety as specified in ISO 10377 and ISO 10393. During this training course, you will be able to understand the best practices used to ensure safety in design, production and the marketplace.
After completing this course, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified Consumer Product Safety Foundation” credential. A PECB Foundation Certificate shows that you have understood the fundamental concepts, methods, techniques and management approach.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the fundamental processes of Consumer Product Safety (CPS)
- Individuals involved in Consumer Product Safety Management
- Individuals interested to pursue a career in Consumer Product Safety Management
- Understand the elements and operations of Consumer Product Safety and its principal processes
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 10377, ISO 10393 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the approaches, methods and techniques used for the management and monitoring of CPS
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practical exercises include examples and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
Day 1: Introduction to Consumer Product Safety
Day 2: Consumer Product Safety process
The “PECB Certified Consumer Product Safety Foundation” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles of Consumer Product Safety
Domain 2: Consumer Product Safety Management
Upon the successful completion of the exam, you can apply for the credential shown on the table below. For more information about the Consumer Product Safety certification and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
- Certification fees are included in the exam price
- Training material containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months free of charge