The fact is that Excel is the accountant's, finance and business professional's best friend. Companies everywhere are overwhelmed by the abundance of unstructured and unclean data. Monthly, quarterly and annual closings are immensely data driven and require moving and exporting data from 'ERPs' and databases to Excel. This hands-on course will advance your data massaging, modeling, integration and automation skills to new levels. You will also master normalization and massaging of noisy data, preparation of reports, analysis and reconciliation.
This is an Excel-based course allowing you to develop an exclusive level of expertise and adding immediate value to your job and company.
20% of the course is ‘design and structure’ focused while 80% uses MS Excel as a powerful tool to perform daily, monthly and periodic tasks. Groups and individuals will be required to complete exercises, case studies, and projects on a daily basis.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
· Apply Excel reporting expertise in business, finance, and accounting by enhancing data slicing and dicing, data massaging, and data analysis skills
· Use pivot tables and pivot charts to perform automated report writing, analysis and reconciliation most efficiently
· Develop special flash and management reports by linking-up Excel with Access, web, text, SQL, and other databases
· Repeat tasks and generate reports efficiently by recording, running and editing macros
· Acquire numerous tips and tricks that will improve working efficiency
Business, finance and accounting professionals, senior and junior accountants, business analysts, research professionals, marketing and sales professionals, administrative staff, supervisors, general business professionals and staff from any function who need to learn and apply state-of-the-art techniques to their daily business reporting, reconciliations, and analysis.
· Reporting, analysis, and reconciliation
· Data modeling
· Integration with external data sources
· Automation and macros
· Massaging of unstructured and noisy data
This is a hands-on training course using laptops, all candidates are expected to come with their laptops.
· Data massaging: tools and techniques
· Reporting, analysis and reconciliations using pivot tables
· Modeling and integration techniques
· Tips and tricks in Excel