Crisis comes in various forms. For any entity, whether it’s big or small, emergencies that can disrupt the smooth running of operations are bound to occur, thus it is essential that every organization possesses functional tools and techniques for dealing with extremities. Effective design and implementation of crisis management system can enable organizations to counter and respond quickly to any looming crisis, therefore supporting the business continuity and preventing the occurrence of immense harm to the workforce and stakeholders.
This extensive training provides an all-inclusive coverage of crisis management activities, from preparation and implementation all the way to risk mitigation and compliance. Particular attention will be given to the functional structure of Crisis Management System along with the procedures and global best practices. The program will support its attendees with workable methods, practical tools and essential skills for making effective instant decisions at different stages of crisis.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of Crisis Management terms and definitions
- Comprehend Key aspects of Strategic Crisis Management
- Develop Incident Management arrangements for the organization
- Design and validate an effective crisis management plan
- Manage incidents and organizational crisis through following corresponding plans
- Apply practical tools for identifying incidents and potential threat areas
- Generate ownership and responsibility of all stakeholders ensuring efficient response to crisis
- Set up and Run crisis management command center
- Define the roles and responsibilities of crisis management team.
Duration: 1 Week
Who Should Attend
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Crisis Management Professionals and Specialists
- Security Managers and Officers
- Government Representatives involved in crisis management
- Senior and Mid-Level Managers and Supervisors
- Internal Audit and Control Specialists
- Facility Managers
- Risk and Compliance Officers
- Anybody interested in crisis management and response.
- Defining the Crisis
- Understanding Crisis Management and its importance
- Ways for Managing crisis
- Determining Contemporary business risks, their range and scope
- Types of Crises
- Physical and Non-Physical Damage Crises
- Developing and Implementing Emergency Plans
- Business Continuity and Prevention Plans
- Business Resumption and Emergency Response Plans.
- Understanding the Process of Crisis Management
- Pre, Acute and Post Crisis Stages
- Steps for Crisis Management
- Mitigation Processes
- Crisis Management and Communications
- Developing and Implementing Business Continuity Management strategy
- Command and Control Issues: Operational, Tactical and Strategic
- Reputation Management.
- Crisis Management Structure
- Executive Management team, its roles and responsibilities
- Crisis Management Team, its roles and responsibilities
- Crisis Communications Team
- Crisis Communications Policy
- Crisis Management Plans, their implementation and validation
- Incident Management and Aftermath
- Alerting and Warning.
- Command Center and Crisis Management Checklist
- Putting Crisis Management Plan into action
- Post Incident Actions and Evaluations
- Leadership after the Crisis: Rebuild, Reassure, Review and Restore
- Updating Crisis Management Plan
- Risk Management and Mitigation
- Comparing Crisis Management and Risk Management.
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.