Managers and professionals involved in the contracting process need to be effective and efficient in applying contract management principles and practices. Without the necessary knowledge and skills, they won’t obtain the best results from contractors, service providers, vendors and other business partners with whom their organisation is doing business. The process of contracting out is fraught with difficulties, that will trip up the untrained or inexperienced staff member.
This EuroMaTech online training course will give those staff the foundations to manage third-party contractors effectively after the contract award has been made – whether in the field of construction, the supply of equipment and materials, or in the delivery of services.
Participants attending the EuroMaTech Online Contracts Management Principles and Practices training course will develop the following competencies:
- Learn what can go wrong when managing a supplier contract – and how it can damage their business
- Identify – and prepare for - risks that lie ahead in a contracting situation
- Increase their control of contract performance from the very start – before the contract is signed
- Practice how to motivate a supplier, and learn a range of techniques to use to improve his results
- Consider what to do if things go wrong – including stepping in, substitution, terminating and dispute resolution.
Who should attend?
This EuroMaTech online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Contracts Engineers
- Contracts Administration Professionals
- Contract Analysts
- Contract Team Leaders and Administrators
- Procurement executives and other department members
- Tender Committee co-ordinators
- Anyone involved in running competitive procurement activities
- Commercial Contracts professionals
- Project Managers and Coordinators
- Specifiers and Buyers
- Service Delivery Professionals
- Anyone who manages contracts with contractors, external suppliers, customers or commercial partners
This Contracts Management Principles and Practices online training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Provide better outcomes from contracts, after the award has been made
- Monitor contract performance
- Know how to analyse contract obligations and risks
- Prepare for contract claims and disputes
- Negotiate and Control variations to contract
- Manage contract default, and consider remedies including termination