SurveyCTO is built to be powerful, scaleable, and flexible. Create forms and modular workflows with complex branching logic, non-linear navigation, randomized elements, and multimedia and GIS capabilities. This training is a technical training targeted to users who have no experience using SurveyCTO and want to learn more to advanced skills.
This training is aimed at participants who want to build their skills to author, deploy and manage data collection for field research using SurveyCTO.
What you will Learn?
By the end of this training the participants will learn to:
- Overview of ODK KobotoolBox and SurveyCTO
- Convert paper forms/questionnaires into digital forms that can be used for mobile data collection and case management
- Collect high quality and secure data both online and offline using SurveyCTO
- Integrate SurveyCTO with other tools
- Carry out data audits and real time monitoring during field data collection
- Build basic mobile application, install and use on phone.
- View, manage and export data compatible with statistical tools for further analysis
- Data Mappings using GIS
Module 1:Introduction to SurveyCTO
- Introduction and Key Concepts
- Overview of ODK Kobotolbox
- Advantages of SurveyCTO
- Key Features of SurveyCTO
- Case studies on use of SurveyCTO
Module 2:SurveyCTO Server
- Components of SurveyCTO
- Data aggregation, storage, and dissemination
- Setting up a SurveyCTO server
- Managing users and user roles
Module 3:Setting Up SurveyCTO Collect App
- Installing SurveyCTO collect from google play store
- Configuring SurveyCTO collect app
- SurveyCTO Collect Application Interface
Module 4:SurveyCTO Online Form builder
- Creating a form
- Input types
- Adding question to Form
- Form logics
- Import and export forms
Module 5:Building Forms using XLSForms
- Introduction to xlsform designer
- Components of XlSForm
- Question types
- Handling constraints and required options
- Form skip logic
- Form Operators and Functions
- Grouping Questions
- Settings Worksheet
- Importing xlsforms to surveyCTO server
Module 5:Using SurveyCTO Collect
- Managing forms in SurveyCTO Collect
- Collecting GPS data
- Submitting data to SurveyCTO Server
Module 6:Monitoring Data with SurveyCTO Data Explorer
- Monitoring Submission statistics
- Monitoring Form submissions and dataset
- Reviewing and correcting incoming data
- Summarize data submitted for individual fields
- Summarize the empirical relationships between field
Module 6:Data Management
- Exporting and Exporting data from SurveyCTO as CSV via SurveyCTO Sync
- Importing SurveyCTO – CSV file into statistical applications
- Downloading data directly from SurveyCTO
Module 7:Visualizing Geographic Data
- Exporting GPS Coordinates to Google maps and Google Earth
- Exporting GPS data for Mapping/Visualizing
- Register for online training and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%).
- All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
- One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.