Farmers’ organizations (FO) are effective channels of communication between the member-farmers. Without them, a situation of isolated voices would arise, that lack coordination and general power to affect the behavior of agricultural service providers. Formation of groups and farmer organizations is at times done without training them properly in theory and practice on the basic principles of community organizations.
Majority of the farmers do not have many skills and experience in the process of establishing these organizations. However, many government agencies have developed national policies for rural development and designed policy framework to help rural people become organized so that delivery of services could be channeled through the various types of farmer organizations or groups. This course will help participant to establish issues surround the establishment and functioning of farmer organizations and the most effective way of solving them
- Farmer organizations
- Establishing farmer organizations
- Establish the roles of extension services in farmer organizations
- Understanding the key issues influencing participation in farmer organizations
- Understanding the various strategies/empowerment methods that can be applied to farmer organizations
- Policy issues influencing establishment and strengthening of farmer organizations
Who should attend?
Agriculture Extension, working with communities, in governments, funding agencies, Research organizations and non-government organizations among others for Agriculture support activities and other Development programmers.
- agricultural development
- Farmer segmentation
- Human Resource Development
- Understanding the Village Community
- Leadership in the Community
- Cooperation from Other Agencies
- Community Meetings
- Developing an Organizational Structure
- Management through Education
- Selected Projects
- Community Gains
- Strengthening and Revitalizing Community
- Developing proposal
- Community Endorsement
- All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
- The participant must be conversant with English
- Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
- Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
- One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus five hour adventure drive to the National game park.
- Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
|Foscore Development Training Center, Nairobi
||Oct 04 - 08 Oct, 2021
Class Session: 09:00:am - 04:00:am
Jackson Munene +254712260031
A discount of 10% to 50% for any online training course
Foscore Development Training Center, Nairobi