Instructor-Led International Virtual Training
ISO 14001 is a widely recognized international standard which specifies the requirements for organizations that want to enhance their environmental performance and increase their operational efficiency. The framework that is based on ISO 14001 will help organizations manage their short-term and long-term processes through the use of efficient resources, which will have a positive impact on the environment.
Why is Environmental Management important for you?
Environmental Management should be a priority for every organization, regardless of its size or industry. Issues including climate change, ozone layer depletion, atmospheric pollution, soil and groundwater contamination, and the disposal of hazardous wastes should be the main concerns of governments, industries and the general public on a global level. ISO 14001 provides guidelines on how to establish policies and procedures, which will lead to a better environmental performance. These policies will help you in maintaining and controlling environmental impacts and legal compliance.
By being certified against ISO 14001, you will prove to your customers and stakeholders that you are aware of the environmental obligations. Moreover, you will be implementing a system which not only reduces environmental impacts but also reduces costs and increases efficiency within the organization. With ISO 14001 your organization will gain a worldwide recognition which will enable you to grow your business in a sustainable manner.
Benefits of ISO 14001 Environmental Management
Obtaining an ISO 14001 certification will enable you to:
- Improve your career opportunities in the Environmental industry
- Minimize environmental impact
- Increase environmental awareness within the organization
- Reduce the organization's costs and waste production
- Enhance the organization's profile and integrity
- Increase the profits
How do I get started with ISO 14001 Training?
Becoming ISO 14001 certified is a key factor, which clients are putting an emphasis on when conducting business. That is why PECB’s accredited courses offer you the best practices and tools on how to improve your environmental performance and at the same time boost your profits.
Why should you attend?
ISO 14001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform an Environmental Management System (EMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam
and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 14001 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Environmental Management System (EMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Environmental Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with EMS requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Environmental Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Environmental Management
- Understand the operations of an Environmental Management System (EMS) based on ISO 14001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 14001, ISO 14040 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 14001 in the context of an EMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in EMS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO 14001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.