Product liability is: A manufacturer’s or seller’s liability for any damages or injuries suffered by a buyer, users or bystander as a result of a defective product.
Product liability focused on the nature of the product and conduct surrounding the design, production, sale of the product etc unlike general torts which focus on the persons involved.
What is Product Liability
- What is product liability
- Evolution of product liability
Recovery in product liability: Negligence Theory
- What is negligence?
- Understanding duty of care
- Understanding breach of duty
- Understanding causation
- Damages in negligence
- Applying negligence theory
Recovery in product liability: Breach of Warranty
- EXPRESS WARRANTIES and product liability
- IMPLIED WARRANTIES and product liability
Recovery in product liability: Strict Liability
- Strict liability in products
Recovery in product liability: Misrepresentation
- Misrepresentation and product liability
- Intentional misrepresentation
- Innocent and negligent misrepresentation
Defenses to Relating Lawsuit
- Defenses in product liability PART ONE
- Defenses in product liability PART TWO
Operation/Production Managers, Technicians, Machine Operators, Supervisors, Directors, and others who are involved in the day to day activities in the manufacturing sector.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.