The emergence of smart energy and power infrastructures represents an integral part of the modern civilization system. These critical infrastructures rely on digital measurements, digital connectivity, and industrial control systems for sustainable, efficient operations that fuel important functions of human lifestyles.
This training course aims to address the functions and components of the intelligent energy and power assets and its cyber representation in the digital information world. It also highlights the associated cyber-physical security and safety exposures to develop practical, resilient integrated solutions that answer asset stewardship challenges when the rate of digital technology change is outrunning organizational capabilities on policy, regulation, and compliance.
This will help manage the implications of the ever-growing role that digital technologies continue to play in the energy and power industry. The training course also offers useful insights into the proactive risk management of cybersecurity threats as well as the organizational culture, operational processes, and worker behavioral aspects influencing the digital workplace environment as our cities evolve into becoming smarter. Thus, it focuses on digitalizing safely capitalizing on modern, holistic cyber-physical security paradigms.
This ETC training course will highlight:
- Supply Chain for the Energy and Power Industry
- Roots of the Cybersecurity Challenge
- Operational and Information Technology Convergence
- Hardening the Cyber Ecosystem against Internal and External Threats
- Industrial Internet of Things
- Digital Savvy Workforce of the Future
- Remote and Autonomous Operations
By the end of this ETC training course, the participants will learn to:
- Analyze the energy sector using a system-based approach
- Proactively predict cybersecurity exposures and risks
- Apply design thinking to create intrinsically secure and safe systems
- Recognize emerging technology trends and implications
- Effectively formulate cybersecurity strategy, policy, and compliance
This training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, and retention of the information and innovative methods presented. This includes the presentation of theoretical concepts, team and individual exercises, case study analyses, educational videos, and real-life applications. The participants in this training course will receive thorough training on the subjects covered by the outline. Also, they will be acquainted with the design of secure data and information flow and control models.