This ETC training course covers the different energy storage markets, focusing on the more popular and fast-growing lithium-ion battery energy storage systems and the fast-evolving integration into the grid, which is getting smarter every day.
As we transition towards a cleaner grid and as technology advances and rapidly decreasing process give us more options on how to integrate energy storage into the grid, there is a great opportunity to lead in the integration of the energy storage integration wave. As Electric Vehicles (EV) production increases, the price of electricity storage is forecasted to decrease dramatically and rapidly, opening new markets for grid storage.
Electricity Storage Markets include electrochemical battery systems (batteries) and will also cover pumped hydroelectric, compressed air, fuel cells, flow batteries, flywheels, and gravity storage. We will learn how harnessing these electricity storage technologies will benefit the grid. In more cases, we can profit from newer markets, including energy arbitrage, voltage support, frequency regulation, reactive power production, duplicating spinning reserves, decreasing the need for transmission upgrades, shifting energy, grid smoothing, and incorporating renewable assets into a smart grid.
This ETC training course will highlight:
- Electricity Storage System Technology Markets
- Electricity Storage Grid Markets
- Applications and Technologies Inherit to Specific Technology
- Electricity Storage Services
- Grid-scale and Distributed Electricity Storage
By the end of this ETC training course, the participants will be able to:
- Intelligently Discuss Electricity Storage Applications
- Understand New Electricity Storage Markets
- Forecast Advances in Electricity Storage Technology
- Explain Benefits of Different Electricity Storage Applications
- Determine Correct Applications of Electricity Storage
The participants of this training course will receive thorough training on the subjects covered by the course outline with the instructor utilizing a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. This will include presentations, live feedback and interactions, quizzes, and group discussion.