This Energy Training Centre Energy Optimisation of Oil Refineries training course is uniquely designed as a toolbox that provides an insight into the variety of energy optimisation topics - offers the knowledge of the Best Practices in energy and prepares the refinery energy managers, process engineers and technical staff involved in energy and the top management’s energy sponsors for their important roles.
Refinery energy efficiency is a multidisciplinary subject. It involves process operations, the utility system, the equipment, power generation, housekeeping, process control, retrofit design, advanced thermodynamic concepts such as Pinch Technology, and effective management. A comprehensive energy saving program that pushes a refinery to the forefront of energy efficiency and profitability must incorporate all these disciplines.
This Energy Training Centre training course will feature:
- Lectures, tutorials, and group work in all areas of refinery energy efficiency
- Real-life Case Studies that illustrate technical solutions and obtainable benefits
- Transfer of instructor’s extensive hands-on industrial experience
- Use of basic energy software tools that will be made available to participants
- Open discussion on actual problems in participant’s own refinery
By the end of this Energy Training Centre Energy Optimisation of Oil Refineries training course, the participants will be able to apply techniques which will enable them to conduct the following activities in their refineries:
- Assess energy efficiency of refinery and individual processes
- Calculate the potential for improvement
- Optimise refinery utility systems (steam and power)
- Apply energy saving techniques to develop energy saving projects
- Introduce effective Energy Management procedures
The presenter will use a variety of proven learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a training course manual, suggested reading before and after the course, tutorials, group exercises and discussions, and where possible, problem-solving for the participant’s own organisations.
This Energy Training Centre Energy Optimisation of Oil Refineries training course will be interactive and will challenge delegates to think differently and comprehensively about energy practices.
Much of the training course time is dedicated to (1) developing thorough understanding of refinery energy topics, particularly how much, where, why and at what efficiency the energy is consumed, and (2) introducing the practical application of energy saving techniques.
Simulation examples are used throughout the training course to enhance the understanding. The participants will receive several basic energy software tools that they may find useful in their daily work.