This Energy Training Centre Project Appraisal: Financial and Economic Factors training course aimed to equip the participants with modern and sophisticated tools and techniques. They will acquire essential skills to value investment opportunities, source of funds, various techniques for risk measurements, and sufficient cash flow management.
Making effective and sound investment decision is critical in a contemporary business environment. In a competitive economy, financial decisions play important roles in achieving organisations goals and contributing to the economic growth.
Decision making process requires skills to effectively assess organization’s capabilities and opportunities using various methods. Organisations are constantly facing very dynamic and volatile market conditions that requires effective and thorough skills when making decision is such environment.
Choosing the appropriate technique in making financial decisions is challenging in today’s economic climate due to rapid changes in organizations’ risks. The most comprehensive tools in assessing investment opportunities include: Net Present Values (NPV), Internal Rate of Returns (IRR), Payback rule and Option valuation.
This Energy Training Centre training course will highlight:
- The analysis of investment decisions using time-adjusted measures and real options techniques
- Acquire an understanding of the fundamentals of effective management of cash flow
- How to value investments using a range of techniques?
- Understanding short-term and long-term funds available to firms
- The nature of financial statements and the key financial tools and techniques in the broader context of how and where they are applied for the assessment of business performance
By the end of this Energy Training Centre training course, the participants will be able to:
- Use different techniques to evaluate investment performance
- Improve management skills and increase their value to the organization
- Understand and use analytical tools and techniques using real-world examples
- Make (and/or) contribute to strategic financial decisions and risk assessments
- Understanding the implication of inflations to business decisions
This Energy Training Centre Project Appraisal training course will be conducted along workshop principles with formal lectures and interactive worked examples. Relevant cases will be used to illustrate the application of each tool in an operation environment. Each learning point will be re-enforced with practical exercises. The instructor will clearly explain and demonstrate how these techniques are applied using a real-life example.