This Energy Training Centre Public Relations in the Oil and Gas Industry course will help your organisation to tell its story in a way that fosters understanding building relations with local communities, national governments, campaigners, and the media building your brand and reputation.
The energy sector is vital to our daily lives and to global economies but, much of the time, is treated harshly in the media and by some stakeholders. Sustained public relations campaigns can help drive strategic organisational change, build public perceptions and drive reputation with key stakeholders.
This powerful Energy Training Centre Public Relations in the Oil and Gas Industry training course takes a problem-solving approach to the design of PR courses for the oil and gas industry. By closely fitting the approach to core business priorities it reinforces key messages and organisational strategy.
Participants will develop the following competencies:
- Setting clear objectives and KPIs with realistic budgets and schedules
- Campaign design and planning skills
- Engaging target audiences – including the media – with great content
- Use of key tools and techniques to influence audience behaviour
- Media relations strategies and tools to optimise coverage in your target channels
- Crisis and litigation management approaches
At the end of this Energy Training Centre training course delegates will be able to:
- Develop a problem-solving approach to match PR strategy to business objectives choosing channels and tactics to achieve business results
- Examine the range of PR tools and techniques to select the best for your purpose
- Plan PR campaigns to meet need setting clear objectives with behavioural outcomes and measurable results
- Measure risk and plan to mitigate these risks
- Understand how to generate and place stories in the media and achieve consistently favorable coverage
This Energy Training Centre Public Relations in the Oil and Gas Industry training course is fast paced, highly interactive and participatory. Training will be delivered through a combination of presentations, group discussion, role play and group exercises. This Energy Training Centre course is rich in case studies and examples. Multimedia presentations will feature video case studies as well as the opportunity to hear experts from a variety of disciplines.