This programme can run as an online or classroom training (Available also for Customised Training by Duration, Venue and Fee)
This is a programme on how all employees sure to approach retirement shortly or in a few years’ time must plan how they will confront real economic issues after their employment in the behavior. The course shows that retiring from corporate employment needs not become a calamity.
It also introduces participants to post-retirement Entrepreneurship and they are taken through an orientation of “entrepreneurial personality” which, rather than behavior by a propensity for risk taking, will, among other things, focus success on one thing – “opportunity focused.” They will learn several entrepreneurial logics and make them to dig deep into ideas underlying a product or service they may think of producing, prepare the ideas, get started, and keep it going with commitment.
The training will also give the participants the ways to:
- identify their talents and personal capabilities they can utilise elsewhere
- restructure their lives
- implement a new financial life plan
- if desired, start and run own businesses and become successful entrepreneurs
- invest wisely
- where needed, get new satisfying employment.
General Work-Exit Orientation
• Dimensions of Change and New beginnings – Exploring attitudes, hopes and fears
- Exploring psychological aspects to exit
- Preparedness for life after current work
- Exploring your talents and passions
• State of the economy and prospects faced post-employment
• Defining Yourself – your retirement party
• Coping with severance from corporate employment
• How long-term employees are like Migrant Birds
• Family issues – harmony or tension
• Community involvement
• Health matters – death of body organs by installments
• Political shocks and wars
Financial Net Worth To-Date
- Liquid assets
- Investment assets
- Personal “assets”
- Short-term liabilities
- Long-term liabilities.
• Choice of what to do next.
• Types of investments currently available in Nigeria
• Guidelines and advice on selecting investment types
- Pension management – Worth by Pensions
- Worth by Life Insurance
- Savings and Fixed Deposits
- Company shares build-up
- Real estates.
How you can Run your Own Business
• The Retiree’s Job Description as a Business Owner
• Planning a new business
• Business development process.
• How to Choose an Entrepreneurial Endeavour to Pursue
• The courage to take the leap
• A random walk-through simple businesses suitable for retirees
• The disciplines for business success
• Preparation of a business plan
• Legal requirements for business.
Nurturing a Business for Profitability
• Systems and structure for a retiree’s business
• Marketing knowledge and selling skills to propagate the business
• Attention to the financial health of the business – capital and cash flow.
• A sample Business Cash Flow Projection
• A sample Profit and Loss Account.
Health and Leisure
• Ageing gracefully
• Balancing work and health
• Making alternative arrangements for Health cover
• Health guideposts
- Post-retirement stress syndromes – physiological and emotional
- Common symptoms and signs
- Medical check-ups and treatments.
- Your feeding pattern
- Nutrients the body needs
- What constitutes balanced diet in old age.
- Age-sensitive exercises
- Regularity of exercises.
- Socializing in retirement
- Significance of the family
- Community activities
- Spiritual engagements.
• Personal Habits
- Sleep pattern
- Personal hygiene.
• Managing Time in Retirement.
Assuring Family Peace
• Understanding how Wills are prepared
• Setting up a Trust.
Picking a New Career – Back in the Employment Market
• Job search skills
• Finding that job – a big or a small behavior in?
• Have you the personality for the job?
• Self improvements for new career readiness
• Planning and preparing your resume
• Writing and presenting your CV
• Where they use Tests and Assessment Centre
• What makes a good interview.