This forensic auditing competence training course will discuss the following:
- An Understanding of Forensic Accounting
- Coverage of Forensic Accounting
- Steps that the forensic accountant takes
- Goals of Forensic Audit
- Motive and opportunity to commit fraud
- Whether the fraud involved collusion between several suspects
- Any physical evidence at the scene of the crime or contained in documents
- Comments made by the suspect during interviews and/or at the time of arrest
- Attempts to destroy evidence
- Categories of Forensic Auditing
- Asset misappropriation
- Financial statement fraud
- Business valuation
- Securities fraud
- Tax fraud
- Money laundering.
- Investigation Methodologies
- identifying the type of fraud that has been operating, how long it has been operating for, and how the fraud has been concealed
- identifying the fraudster(s) involved
- quantifying the financial loss suffered by the client
- gathering evidence to be used in court proceedings
- providing advice to prevent the reoccurrence of the fraud
- Gathering relevant evidence
- the planning stage
- the review process
- data management.
- Auditing Techniques
- Testing controls to gather evidence which identifies the weaknesses, which allowed the fraud to be perpetrated
- Using analytical procedures to compare trends over time or to provide comparatives between different segments of the business
- Applying computer assisted audit techniques, for example to identify the timing and location of relevant details being altered in the computer system
- Discussions and interviews with employees
- Substantive techniques such as reconciliations, cash counts and reviews of documentation
- Data analysis techniques for fraud detection.
- Legal Issues
- Evidence gathering and investigative interviewing techniques
- Relevant legal framework for forensic audit
- Litigation processes and procedures
- Essential levels of credibility and professionalism.
- Producing the Investigation Report
- Answers to the how, where, what, why and who
- Place of auditor’s opinions.
Note: Available as Classroom Training as Well as Online Training
||Nov 23 - 26 Nov, 2021
Registration: 08:30:am - 09:00:am
Class Session: 09:00:am - 02:30:am
Mr Abiodun Toki 08033019120
Discount of 5% to 3-4 participants from same organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or more participants from same organization.